Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'VE FOUND A WAY TO CLONE MYSELF=Fun with Jing for GTA NY

I am planning my presentation for GTA NY and I can't stop making screencasts. I don't know what took me so long to get on the screencasting bandwagon. In using Google Docs this year with my 6th graders, some take to it right away and with others, I find myself repeating the same steps over and over and over...Here are three screencasts I made using Jing. The first is a "how to" on inserting charts and gadgets in Google Spreadsheets. The second is a "how to" on using Google Docs templates with students. Finally, the third is a "how to" for students when they would like to do some peer editing. My screencasting was inpired by Jesse Spevack's awesome screencast on "How to Create a SELF GRADING Quiz using Google Forms.

INSERTING CHARTS AND GRAPHS IN GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEETS



USING TEMPLATES IN GOOGLE DOCS WITH STUDENTS



PEER EDITING FOR STUDENTS

2 comments:

Pchodkiewicz said...

I love Jing

Unknown said...

I am a huge believer in screencasting for a couple of reasons. First, with Jing, they are so unbelievably easy to create, and they only last for 5 minutes. Even with the diminished attention spans we have today, anyone can sit for 5 minutes and watch. Secondly, it's much easier to watch someone guide you through some steps rather than either hack your way through it or read a manual.