Thursday, January 3, 2008

Top 15 Educational Tools/Sites for Middle School Language Arts


These are the top 15 websites for use in a middle school language arts class. My students either used these tools or were exposed to them. They generated this list and rated them on Survey Monkey. I will post survey results as soon as everyone has taken it, but here is the list:



  1. Classtools.net
  2. Quizlet
  3. Exploretree
  4. Survey Monkey
  5. Spelling City
  6. Writing the City
  7. Legacy Project
  8. wiki
  9. Skype
  10. Quintura
  11. readwritethink.org
  12. Voicethread
  13. Google Earth
  14. Notestar
  15. 21 Classes
Next year's tech resolutions:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erica,

This is a great list. Glad to see you guys are using survey monkey. It's one of my favorite tools to use with a group to find exactly where they "are."

Anonymous said...

An opportunity has arisen at my workplace for a transfer to an office in Poland, its not for a couple of months so I have decided to learn Polish. My reasoning is that if I can speak Polish it will give me a massive advantage over my competition. The thing is I don’t know how to go about learning a new language is it best learning from someone who already speaks the language or should I attempt learning language online? Is it difficult with no one to speak to? Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.